Episode 30 – Dirty Windshields

A bunch of shout outs this episode for the goings on of my teammates and others, a review of build notes, a couple of cool things iRacing has done, and where I stand in the RCRL Chase.

The build notes can be found here (iRacing member access only)

The Logitech promotion is here

Issue 2 of RCRL Illustrated is right here.  You can find a link to issue 1 at the top of the screen.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 at 9:26 pm and is filed under iRacing, Podcast. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 Responses to “Episode 30 – Dirty Windshields”

Anthony Yankello November 13th, 2012 at 10:05 pm

*I’m gona type while I listen to this and make notes*

-4:45 in and Im wonderin who’s the ass your talkin about!?!?!?!?

-5:35 Jeff Ford is a beast in the LM’s, congrats again Jeff!

-9:20 Nice website update Chad, forgot to give ya props on that :)

-15:05 No clue how to work the race radio either

-22:07 dirty windshields are a pain in the ass, I think they went over-board on them.

-34:40 alot of shout outs, but no mention of me :(

-35:30 PP does good work

- come run some NW or Trucks with us Trevor! alil extra seat time will help ya make the chase…nice job on the podcast as usual :)

Anthony Yankello November 13th, 2012 at 10:05 pm

*I’m gona type while I listen to this and make notes*

-4:45 in and Im wonderin who’s the ass your talkin about!?!?!?!?

-5:35 Jeff Ford is a beast in the LM’s, congrats again Jeff!

-9:20 Nice website update Chad, forgot to give ya props on that :)

-15:05 No clue how to work the race radio either

-34:40 alot of shout outs, but no mention of me :(

-35:30 PP does good work

Anthony Yankello November 13th, 2012 at 10:06 pm

hey let me post my thing twice..just cause im cool…i dunno how to delete the extra 1

Trevor November 13th, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Oh Yanks…only you would double post, and then triple post to point out you double posted :) You know we love ya. And the comment at the beginning wasn’t necessarily pointed at anyone, just a disturbing trend I’ve seen…

Jeff Ford November 14th, 2012 at 8:40 am

Great show Trevor ! One of your better ones IMO opinion, had really great flow to it, and at 40 minutes I said “over already?!!”

Thanks for the shout out, although half the credit goes to Chad Detillier for any success I have in the LM, he’s an amazing teammate and I hope he has an amazing season in my LM absence. I like the dirty windshields alot, but I kind of agree with Anthony that they went a bit to far with them getting filthy EVERY single run. Also thanks for the kind words Anthony, I appreciate it alot.

And for anyone who hasn’t checked out Preston’s RCRL illustrated, take Trevor’s advice and do so, he really does a flat out amazing job of it…..

Andrew Fayash III November 16th, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Hey Trevor, you can set up custom channels within the sim (maybe a team channel for example) then switch to that channel to have voice chat with just that group. It’s basically used to eliminate things like teamspeak but it’s slightly annoying to switch channels around rather than using a different button for public chat vs team chat TS is still gonna be used.

Example of use
type “@add *insertnamehere*” and it’ll add that channel for you
@add iRacingTodayM
you can then have the other iRToday drivers type the same thing, and you will have your own private channel. This is also helpful for superspeedway races when you decide to work with someone just by circumstance you can quickly add a new voice channel to communicate directly with that person :)
Hope this helps